Thursday, August 7, 2014

My Last New Beauty Test Tube (probably)

I found the last NBTT less than exciting, but this one was even worse. In case you don't know about NBTT, it's a subscription service that sends out mostly fullsize or deluxe samples of various beauty products. With shipping it comes to about $40.

Here's what I got this month:
 Laura Geller Waterproof eye spackle hues in Mauve Majesty - $23
I've been wanting to try something from Laura Geller for a while, and I think I'll end up using this, so I'm pretty happy with this. It's not the shade I would've chosen, but it'll get some use.

 Algenist Gentle Rejuvenating Cleanser - $9.51
I'm interested to try this, and I need a new cleanser, so this came at a good time. I've never tried anything from Algenist before.













Ole Henriksen Ultimate Lift eye gel - $9.50
I don't know that my eyes really need a lift, but I'll probably give this a try.


 Lumene Time Freeze Anti-Age CC Cream in Light - $14.99
This was the product that pushed me to cancel. I received it less than six months ago from NBTT, and I didn't like it the first time. I emailed them to let them know that I'd received it already and their response was unsatisfactory at best
"Typically, we do not repeat products in our TestTubes.  We apologize that you have received this item in the past.  However, we believe that featuring some of our most popular past items will serve as a reminder of the great products that the TestTube program offers, although we understand not all members will feel the same for each featured product."

 I subscribe to services like this to try new products, not the same things over and over, and their response just makes me appreciate how great Ipsy and Birchbox are in regards to customer service. 
Grande Face Lift 3mL sample - $7.99??
The price for this seems ridiculous (amazon has 15mL of it for $39.95) but I'm interested to try this.





smileactives by oraceutical - $25
Whitening products are always a good thing, so I'll definitely give this a try. I drink a lot of tea, and my teeth definitely suffer from it.








Dove Oxygen Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner Sample - $1.32
I just got these from pinchME (for free) so I wasn't too excited to get them in my tube. That said, it can never hurt to have travel sized shampoo and conditioner.





Biosilk Color Therapy Lock&Protect Leave In - $12.50
I don't dye my hair, and don't really use much other than oils in my hair, so I'll probably swap this. It's full size though, so at least it'll be easy to swap.













The Total Value of my tube was $103.81 (if the volume of the FaceLift on amazon was accurate). That's actually not a bad value for something I paid $40 for. That said, there wasn't much I was actually excited about, and their response to my getting the same product twice was a huge turn-off. After May's less than thrilling box, and this one, I'm not at all sad to say goodbye to nbTT. 

No comments:

Post a Comment