Thursday, August 14, 2014

August Birchbox Review

I got an amazing deal on Gilt.com for a year subscription to Birchbox, so now I get two boxes. I'll still be reviewing my Birchboxes from my original account alongside Ipsy, but I'm reviewing my other Birchbox each month separately. If you don't know about Birchbox, it's a monthly subscription box that sends you five samples or deluxe samples each month. It's $10 a month or $110 a year. They also have a points system, so every item you review gets you ten points, and every ten points is a dollar in the Birchbox shop.






  Birchbox has started adding adjectives in front of the name on the shipping address. Seeing Fascinating Hannah Crull-Sher on there certainly made me smile!










Here's what I got:


The Balm Stainiac - $2.30
Birchbox has been letting subscribers choose one product from their boxes these last two months (assuming you're fast enough and what you want isn't sold out). Stainiac is what I chose for both of my boxes. That way, I know I'll get at least one thing I love. Stainiac is my favorite of all the cheek stains I've tried, and I'm excited to have another sample of it as my last one ran out.




Acure Brightening Facial Scrub 1oz sample - $3.75
I'm so excited to try this! I love scrubs and the sample is a really good size!

Hello breath spray - $3.83
I've never really used a breath spray, but pink grapefruit mint sounds pretty appealing, so I'll definitely give this a try. I know a lot of breath products contain eucalyptus (which I can't stand) so I'm hoping this does.






Not Soap Radio - $1.76

I'm not usually excited about bath or shower gel in my boxes, but this smells AMAZING and I can't wait to try it. I hope the Birchbox shop gets this back in stock soon, because I have a feeling I'll end up buying this.  











Dr. Jart Pore Medic .2oz sample - $6.40
I'm excited to try this. Smashbox primer didn't live up to the hype for me, so I'm hoping this will work well. I usually use Dr. Brandt's Pores No More Primer, but this is a lot cheaper, so if it works just as well, maybe I'll switch.






The total value of this Birchbox was $18.04 and when I review my five items, I'll get $5 worth of points in the BB shop. Not bad at all for a box I paid less than $10 for! I'm excited about everything except the breath spray, and even that I find pretty interesting. This was definitely a great box!






No comments:

Post a Comment