Saturday, January 25, 2014

Schick Hydro Silk Sensitive Care vs. Venus Embrace Sensitive

A couple of months ago I joined BzzAgent and Influenster. Last month, I was invited to my second BzzAgent campaign to try the Schick Hydro Silk Sensitive Care Razor. About a week after that, I was invited by Influenster to try the Venus Embrace Sensitive Razor. I'm prone to ingrown hairs so I'm pretty excited to see if trying sensitive razors will help!

Disclaimer: I was given these items for free to review, but the opinions are my own. Both bzzagent in influenster require honest reviews.


Here's what BzzAgent sent me. I got the razor with two extra blades, four $4 off coupons, and a coupon for a free Skintimate Shaving Cream. I haven't really used Schick (that I remember), so I was pretty excited to try it, and to have coupons for it if I like it!
 This is what came in my Influenster box. The Venus Embrace Sensitive Razor with an extra blade, and a little card talking about the razor.
I decided to do one leg with each razor, so I shaved with Schick on the left leg, and Venus on the Right leg. I figured that way it's easier to compare results.
 Here's the Schick Hydro Silk Sensitive Care Razor. It has five blades, skin guards and a "moisturizing serum".









Here's the Venus Embrace Sensitive. It also has five blades and a moisture strip.











My feelings day 1: Immediately after shaving
I tried to have my husband help me decide which leg was smoother, and in the end we decided that they were about the same. I thought my left leg was smoother, and he thought my right leg was. We both agreed that the difference between them was pretty small.

The moisture strip was definitely noticeable for me. Both legs felt softer and more moisturized after shaving than they normally do. I still lotioned them up, but I felt like I didn't really need to.

My feelings day 3: Two days after shaving
By two days after shaving, I start to get ingrown hairs. Mine usually aren't painful, they're just small bumps, and they don't really bother me too much until I want to throw on a dress.
Here's how the razors came out:

Schick Hydro Silk Sensitive Care - on my left leg, I have seven small ingrown hairs. None are painful or irritated, they're just not pretty to look at. This is actually less than I normally get, but not by much.

Venus Embrace Sensitive - on my right leg, I actually only have one ingrown hair. I'm pretty impressed. Of the two razors (and out of razors in generally) I'd definitely recommend this one.

In the end...
I would definitely recommend the Venus Embrace Sensitive razor. I don't know if this is still true, but you used to be able to use any Venus blades on any Venus razor. If this is still the case, and you have a Venus, definitely upgrade to the Embrace Sensitive blades. The razor's handle is nothing special, but the blades are definitely worth it for sensitive skin.

Have you tried either of these razors? What did you think? Do you have any secrets for avoiding ingrown hairs? Comment and let me know!







Disclaimer: I was given these items for free to review, but the opinions are my own. Both bzzagent in influenster require honest reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment