Saturday, March 29, 2014

Influenster - UniVoxBox 2014

If you haven't heard of Influenster, it's a word of mouth marketing program. If you're active on social media, they'll send you products to try for free in exchange for you reviewing those products on social media. They encourage honest feedback (so it's totally okay to say so if  you hate something) and you aren't compensated for your reviews. They send out boxes with just one item/brand sometimes (like the Venus razor that I got, and the Colgate kit) and they also send out themed "VoxBoxes", which include multiple items. This is my first VoxBox, and I'm pretty excited about it!

Here's what they sent!

Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation - This is what I'm most excited for. I actually just bought this, but I've only heard great things, so having an extra tube can't hurt. I had trouble with the texture the first few times I applied it, but I think I've just been putting on too much, and it's gotten better each time I've used it, so I'm guessing it's user error. It doesn't keep my face shine free all day, but it keeps it shine free longer than most foundation does, and it's significantly less expensive than most other foundations, which is great!

NYC - Expert Last Lip Color in Forever Fuschia - The color isn't a great one for me, but I'm impressed with the quality of this lipstick. I remember using NYC in middle school, and it was terrible, so my hopes weren't high at all. I thought the color would be drying and wouldn't last long, but it definitely proved me long. The color wasn't enormously flattering on me (as expected) but lasted a few hours without reapplication, and didn't make my lips feel dry at all. I'll probably go pick this up in Modern Love, which I'm hoping will be a better color on me. For $2 it's definitely worth the risk.

Broadway Nails imPRESS Manicures - I'm not at all excited about these. They're pink and sparkly, so I can't imagine ever wearing them as they are. I might see if they can be painted though, in which case I'll use them to do a fancy design that I couldn't do on my own nails otherwise.

Pilot Acroball Pen - I was pleasantly surprised by this pen. It writes really evenly, I never needed to scribble to get it going, and it didn't smudge at all.


Playtex Sport Tampons -
My husband made fun of me for these. Not because they're tampons, but because they have the word "Sport" in the name. Needless to say, I'm not a particularly athletic person, and don't anticipate needing Sport tampons. I'll give them a try though, and we'll see how I like them.

Red Rose Real Tea - I've never tried any sort of tea drops, but I gave these a try already and I like them for iced tea. For hot tea they're a little weird to me, and I definitely prefer tea bags.



I was really excited to get this VoxBox, most of all because it was totally free and all I have to do is give honest feedback about the things I got! You can't beat free stuff.

I received these items complementary from Influenster for testing purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment