Sunday, March 9, 2014

March Birchbox!

If you don't know about Birchbox, it's a subscription service. It costs $10 a month (less if you get a full-year subscription), and they send you 4-5 beauty items each month. They also have a points system, so if you review each item, you get 50 points every month, which is equivalent to $5 in the Birchbox shop. Since my birthday is in March, and they had a deal last month where signing up got you an extra 100 points (so you basically got the box for free), I figured I'd get an extra box for March too. Here's what I got: 


Mighty Leaf Tea  (3 packets)-$1.99
Birchbox mostly sends beauty products but sometimes they send tea, or chocolate, or something like that. A lot of people are annoyed to get tea, but I love tea, and I like finding brands of tea that I can get Birchbox points for buying. Last month I got the Harney & Sons in my other box, and it was delicious, so I'm interested to see how this one is.


 Coola Mineral Suscreen, Natural BB Cream -$3.60
I got Coola's Mango sunscreen in my first ever Birchbox and I really didn't like it. That said, I'm always looking out for new BB Creams, so I'm excited to try it!













Vasanti BrigntenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator - $5.67
I've been wanting to try this since they first sent it out a few months ago, so I'm excited to get this! I always love scrubs, and this also has papaya and aloe!








Curl Keeper - $3.33
I already got this in my other box, and it worked okay but I wasn't super excited about it. That said, I love that Birchbox really pays attention to hair type when choosing products to send. Of the four hair products I've received in my months of subscribing to Birchbox; two were specific for curly hair, one was leave-in conditioner (which I love), and one was a hair oil.






Air Repair Rescue Balm - $4.50?
I can't find a quantity on the tube, but it looks like about 6mL, so I priced it based on that estimate. I get really dry hands this time of year, so when I saw this in the sneak peek video, I was hoping I'd get it! I can't wait to try it!


 Ghirardelli - $0.47
I'm not a big dark chocolate fan, but this was the 6th thing in my box, so I really can't complain. I do tend to like dark chocolate with mint or raspberry, so I might like it with cherry too. I'm a little disappointed because when I saw that this bar would be in some of the boxes, I was hoping they were sending out whole bars. Past boxes have spoiled me.


Total Birchbox Value = $19.56
The total value of this box was almost twice the amount I paid for this box, and I'll get $5 to spend in the shop when I review everything. I'm excited to try the Air Repair and the Vasanti, and maybe something else will surprise me.

As always, if you sign up for Birchbox after reading my reviews, please use my link. It'll get me an extra $5 to spend in the shop.


No comments:

Post a Comment