Thursday, March 27, 2014

Colgate Optic White

A few weeks ago, I got the Colgate Optic White VoxBox from Influenster. After trying it for a few weeks, here's what I thought.

What I liked:
I'm very much an "out of sight, out of mind" type person, so I liked that the gel pen was a part of my toothbrush. The problem that I usually have when I buy white strips or things like that is that I don't use them consistently. It's not that I don't have time, I just usually forget after the first couple of days. Being built in to my toothbrush made it really convenient, and impossible to forget, so I really appreciated that. I also really like the toothbrush itself. It's very soft, but still made my teeth feel really clean.

What I didn't like:
I don't really like the gel applicator. It's a rubbery thing, and I found it almost impossible to make the gel apply evenly. I've used brushes in the past, and found them to be way more effective at even application. Since it's a gel, I think they could have brush applicators kind of like Stila's lip glazes' applicators, and I think that would work way better. The other thing I didn't like is that the applicator gets really icky if you don't clean it after every use. It's not that it's hard to clean, but having to clean it every time definitely knocks off a couple of those points I gave it for convenience.

Overall, I liked it! I think that white strips are more effective, (if you remember to use them every day), but this was more convenient. I definitely noticed results, even if they weren't as dramatic as I might've hoped.

I'm hoping that Colgate will make some improvements to their applicator, and if they do I'll definitely be buying this in the future!

Unfortunately, my computer's current condition makes posting a before and after photo impossible, but I'll post an after photo later on. I know it's not the same as having both, but it'll have to do for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment