Sunday, March 9, 2014

Birchbox Finds Box

Every few months, Birchbox does a special themed Limited Edition Box. The most recent one is a "finds" box. So basically it's drugstore products, that work really well. The box was $18, so I used points to get one for myself and one for a friend.
Here's what was in it:

Cover Girl Bombshell Volume - $8.94
I love mascara, it's one of the few beauty products that I really use regularly, and finding one that's good and relatively cheap, is a great thing. This is the one of the things I've tried out of the box so far, and I'm loving the results! It doesn't clump at all, and makes my lashes look great! I also like that if I fail to wash it off properly at night, it doesn't smudge all over my undereye area. It flaked overnight, but I didn't notice any flaking throughout the day.  The mascara has two sides. The first one makes your lashes look longer, and really separates them, and the second makes them longer still, and seals them. I'll have to post pictures at some point, because as I mentioned, I'm very impressed!










Biore Free Your Pores, Self Heating One Minute Mask - $6.49
I'm interested to try this. I love masks, and I've never tried any heated or self-heating masks before, so I'm interested to see how this works!






Rimmel Stay Glossy 3D - $4.99
I'm not really a gloss person, I love balms and lipsticks but not really gloss. This will definitely be swapped/gifted.






CoverGirl Bombshell ShineShadow by LashBlast - $8.99
I never really wear silver shadow, but maybe I'll use this as a lid color with a smoky eye. I will say, this is kind of expensive for a drugstore product. The tube isn't very big for $9.









Frizz Ease - Nourishing Oil Elixir - $8.49
Everyone's coming out with Argan Oil lately, so I'm not surprised to see this. Oil is always what works best on my hair, so I'm excited to give this a try!









Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure, Kook a Mango -$6.48
I don't really paint my nails, partly because it takes too long to dry and never lasts as long as I want it to, and partly because the more you paint your nails, the more you have to paint your nails, to cover up how they actually look. I'm pretty happy with them unpainted. I'm interested to see how this lasts though, so maybe I'll use this to paint my toes.





Nivea, A Kiss of Care&Color in Sheer Berry - $4.99
This is the other item I've tried, and I really like it. I do wish I'd gotten a different color. This color is a little dark for me. Fortunately it's sheer, so it's still wearable, but I'd still rather having something closer to pink or red, instead of burgundy. Next time I go to Walgreens I might have to pick up a few more of these.







Total Value of the "Finds" Box: $49.37
Not a bad value (especially since I used points to buy it and didn't actually pay anything for it). So far I'm loving the two products I've tried, and I'm excited to try most of the others!

No comments:

Post a Comment