Wednesday, February 5, 2014

January 2014 Glossybox

So, the last thing I need is a new, $21 monthly subscription. That said, I've been wanting a beauty blender for a long time, and Glossybox had a deal where if you already get Glossybox, you could give the January box to a friend for $15. Since a Beauty Blender is $20 on it's own, I figured I might as well ask a friend to order me the Glossybox and get the Blender and four other items (for $5 less than I would've paid for it on its own).




One of the things I always love about subscription boxes is how they set them up to feel like presents.



This is what I got. 


Beauty Blender - $19.95
Solid Cleanser (.56oz value)- $8.90
The Beauty Blender was what I was really excited about (obviously)! I always have trouble blending with brushes, and have seen so many youtube videos and blogs where people swear by these, so I'm excited to try it. I was a little surprised to get the solid cleanser (most of the other people I saw got the liquid) but I'm interested to see how it works.
Toni&Guy Hair Meet Wardrobe 2.5oz - $5.51
This is a sea salt spray, so I'm not really interested in it. I have curly hair, so a texturizing spray is never exciting to me. The last thing I need is more texture. This'll find a place on my swap board.




Balance Me Super Toning Body Wash 1.7oz - $7
I haven't heard of this brand, so I'll definitely check this out and see if it'll be good for me to try. It's 99% natural, which is actually not always a good thing for me because I have really sensitive skin. Once I'm done with my Yes To Body washes, maybe I'll give this one a shot.


Vichy Aqualia Thermal Rich Cream .5oz - $9.12
 According to the little packet, this will "soothe and strengthen dry skin". I don't know yet whether or not I want to try it. My face doesn't really get dry, and a half ounce sample won't really go very far anywhere else, so this may be something I pass along.
BellaPierre Cosmetics Mineral Blush in Desert Rose - $20.00
I'm not sure if I'll use this, it's a little browner than I like, I think it would be better suited for a more tan person. That said, it's a $20 product in a $21 box (which I only paid $15 for), so it's hard to complain about that.






Total box value = $70.48
All in all, I paid $15 (though it's normally $21) for $70 in products. There's one product I definitely won't use, a couple of products that I'll probably use, and one that I'm suuuuper excited about. I like that all of the products are a good size, so they're definitely giftable (who doesn't love a giftbox full of fun products).

Here's why I'm not subscribing:
Firstly, if the Beauty Blender hadn't been in here, the only thing I would've been at all excited about is the blush, and I'm not even sure if that'll be a good color for me. $21 a month is a lot to be spending on a box that might not always have things I'm excited about. Especially when I get Ipsy & Birchbox every month for $18.33 combined (I bought a yearly subscription to each, so it's $110 a year). I also don't really like Glossybox's shipping policy. I literally got my January box TODAY, and if I were getting the February box, I would be charged for my February box within the next few days. This means that if you're a first time subscriber, you don't really get a chance to try it out and see if you like it before you're automatically billed for the next month. That doesn't sit well with me, I feel like you should be being billed no more than a few days before the boxes ship out. Still, I'm glad I got this instead of just buying a Beauty Blender.

No comments:

Post a Comment