Tuesday, November 26, 2013

More Random(ish) Product Reviews

So, I'd heard all sorts of great things about Dr. Brandt, so I bought the Take the Doctor Home With You kit on Gilt.
I really mostly wanted to try the dr.brandt Microdermabrasion, but I figured since the whole kit cost less than that one product, I'd buy the kit. The whole kit was $55, but I had a $25 off coupon, so I paid $35 including shipping. Right now they've got a holiday deal where if you use someone's referral link, you get $30 off. The kit I bought isn't available right now, but some other dr. brandt products are. On to the reviews.

dr. brandt microdermabrasion - 2oz $78
The price tag would normally be a deterrent for me, but there seem to be deals on it pretty often and a little goes a long way. That was the first thing I noticed. I used slightly more than a pea-sized quantity and that was all I needed. My skin felt AMAZING after I used it. Honestly, the results were equal to the professional microdermabrasion I've gotten in the past (which were upwards of $100 per treatment). In the two weeks I've been using this product my skin has cleared up so much! This is by far my favorite recent product!

dr. brandt dark circles away - full size $55
Honestly, I haven't been impressed so far. I've only been using it for about two weeks (maybe three), but I'll post an update if I'm more impressed later on. I like the roller ball application method, except that it's hard to control the amount that comes out when you press down on the push part. I also noticed that when I use it during the day, it peels off weirdly when I rub my eyes. If you have allergies and rub your eyes regularly, I'd recommend only using it at night.

dr. brandt crease release - 0.5oz $78 (I got a much smaller size)
I loved the smell of this, and I loved the way it felt when I put it on, but so far I haven't noticed much in the way of results. I don't have many wrinkles, just a couple of small ones on my forehead, but this didn't seem to effect them much. Maybe if I had deeper wrinkles it would've worked better? I don't know. I'm not really looking for a wrinkle product so I'm not too worried about this not working.

dr. brandt glow ruby crystal retinol hydracreme - full size $65 (I got a little tube)
It's hard for me to tell if I'm getting results from this. I used the dr. brandt microdermabrasion by itself before using this, and my skin was already clearing up, which makes it hard to know if this was helping once I added it. That said, it definitely didn't hurt, and might've helped. Sorry I can't give a more definitive review on this one.

I also got the dr. brandt collagen booster, but I got a foil packet and I honestly don't feel like the sample size is large enough for me to review it. So I'm not going to.

Don't forget, if you want to get $30 off at gilt.com, use my link!

The next three products I tried are products I got from PinchME!

The first, was Rimmel London Scandaleyes Lycra Flex Mascara - $5.50
Overall, I really liked this mascara. The only problem I had was clumping. Not every time, but one or two times that I've applied it I've had to remove most of it and reapply it. The other thing that I found is that it's really hard to remove completely. Even when I removed it, or thought I'd removed it, my lashes were still black on the ends (the ends are usually light brown). I'd actually consider that a perk more than a negative, but it's still something to note. I'm planning on doing a comparison of the three mascaras I've gotten in the last couple of months, so I'll post that when I do it.

The second thing I got was a foil pouch of Pantene Expert Collection Keratin Repair Shampoo - $8.79
I wasn't impressed with this at all. I found it pretty drying and didn't see any benefits. I did like the smell (a kind of cocoa buttery smell) but that was the only thing I really liked about it. This is definitely not something I'm likely to buy.

Pantene Expert Collection Keratin Repair Split End Fuser - $13.97
I wasn't sure about this when I was applying it. I loved the scent but it didn't seem as creamy as I expected it to be. I applied it more to one side of my hair than the other (figuring that the results wouldn't be that noticeable and that would make it easier to compare). Now I look like a crazy person, because one side of my hair is GORGEOUS and the other is frizzy. Even my husband (who is generally completely oblivious to any sort of hair or beauty-related changes) noticed. I'm buying this the next time I go to Wal Mart. If my first use was any indication, this'll be my go to product from now on. The side of my hair I applied this to is soft and touchable, and mostly frizz free. The product has a chocolate-y scent when you're applying it and the scent remains a little bit once it's dried, but is very light.
The side on the left is the side that I put the product into, the right is my hair with no product. Please ignore the random pajamas. I'm off work today (which never happens on a random weekday) and made a promise to myself not to get dressed until AT LEAST noon.





My hair with Pantene Keratin Repair











My hair with no product in it.








Of all the products I've used on my dry, frizzy hair. This is probably the best results I've seen. Usually, if it looks great, it feels sticky, or crunchy or just generally producty, but that isn't the case with this. I'm really surprised to be getting this kind of results from Pantene (nothing against Pantene, but it's not a high end product, and I'd come to expect insane pricetags with any product that works well). If you've got frizz-prone hair, I strongly recommend this!

Let me know if you've tried any of these products, and if you got the same results!

Random notes/contests:
PinchME products are going to be updated today, so it's a good day to sign up if you haven't already.
Also, Birchbox has a contest to win a $3000 Joie Gift Card!
Gilt is doing a Give $30, Get $30 so if you sign up using my link you get $30 off your first order (I think it has to be a $60 order, but I'm not certain, still it's half price on already reduced-price stuff) and I get $30 too (so I'll love you forever).
You can enter to win a Rebecca Taylor Makeup case here:
http://bit.ly/1j9wotC

Reviews to come:
I just started doing Influenster, so I'll have a review of that soon
I plan to review each of the three mascaras I got in the last couple of months (I want to do a side by side comparison). Follow my blog with Bloglovin Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

No comments:

Post a Comment