Monday, July 23, 2012

S'more blondies

I decided to try this recipe the other day:
http://diana212m.blogspot.com/2012/06/chocolate-smores-cookie.html
I love the idea of having s'mores in cookies, they were kinda tricky to assemble that way and they didn't stay together the way I wanted when I cooked them, which made it hard to get a bite that had all the components in it.
I decided that since it didn't work out when I made them as cookies, I'd make it as one big s'more stuffed blondie. I made the cookie dough from scratch, but didn't refrigerate it or anything.
I split the cookie dough in half, and spread the first half in the bottom of the cookie pan.

 I think I did the bottom layer a little too thick, as I ended up running out of dough (because it took more to cover the top and squish the marshmallows) and it was hard to get the bottom fully cooked without burning the top.

I cut the marshmallows in half before putting them in the s'mores, and squished them down on a plate before I put them on there.




I ran out of dough for the top layer, so I had to use premade dough that I had in the freezer. I heated it up in the microwave to make it soft enough to work with, and ended up heating it a bit took long, which is why the right side looks so weird. (It still tasted great though).


I cooked it at 375 for about 30 minutes. The top looked done at about 20, but it took a little longer for the bottom to look fully cooked.

It still wasn't the prettiest thing in the world, but it's delicious! It's definitely something I'll make again. (Though next time I'll remember to save more dough for the top so it won't look so weird.)


No comments:

Post a Comment