Monday, August 26, 2013

First Birchbox!

School started on Wednesday, so I decided to pick blogging back up as a procrastination technique. I just signed up for Birchbox and Ipsy, so I'm pretty excited to do some reviews of the contents. I was put on the waitlist for both, but I got off Birchbox's waitlist just in time to get the August box. I won't get my first Ipsy box until sometime in September. My first Birchbox arrived today, and I was pretty excited to open it.


My first impressions were as follows:
I love how it's wrapped up like a gift! It makes it a little more exciting, and I'm a preschool teacher so tissue paper never goes to waste.
Everything in it is TINY. The Hair product (which is the largest thing in there) isn't quite even travel size, and the little travel bag is neat but everything else is free sample size, 5-7ml.

The products I received were:

UniqONE All in One Hair Treatment.
This is the product I'm most excited to try. I have frizzy, dry, totally unruly hair and I'm always on the lookout for products that might help repair and tame my hair.







The second product in my box was Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel Sensitive. I've never done any sort of at home peel, and I'm interested to try it. I'm glad that it's for sensitive skin because I'd be nervous to try a harsher peel at home. I've never used any Juice Beauty products, but I'm excited to try it.
The third item in my box was Dr. Jart + Premium Beauty Balm. I don't usually wear primer, and my skin is naturally oily so most moisturizers don't work well for me so I'm not sure if I'll use this or not. It's worth a try, but it's probably something I'll end up passing along to a friend who wants to try it.















The fourth item in my box was Coola SPF Sport- Mango. Sunscreen is something I'll always use, and anything that smells like Mango is something I want!




The final item in my box (which I didn't take a seperate picture of) was a ziplock bag from the Tili Bags small collection. They're marketed as a cute way to carry makeup and beauty products when you travel, because they're perfect airport carry-on size. It's a cute idea, but it really doesn't strike me as something I'll use and the pattern isn't really my style. It'll probably end up in Aiden's playroom. 




Overall, I was pleased with the products chosen, but I wish I'd gotten something larger than 7ml. Looking at the other possible boxes, I'm pretty jealous of people who got the Stila lipstick, and the people who got the It's a 10 hair product. I'm excited to try everything though, and can't wait to use posting reviews of these items as a procrastination tactic. 

Check Birchbox out for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment