Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Muffin Tin Pizzas

I've been browsing Pinterest a lot lately, looking for recipes and such and finally decided to try one. I wanted something easy I could make for dinner, so I tried the muffin tin pizzas http://pinterest.com/pin/6403624440984344/

I know some recipes have the potential to end up weird, so I figured that as someone who really isn't cooking inclined. I'd post the results of the recipes I tried.

They were great! I made some with pizza sauce and some with pesto sauce and the pesto was definitely my favorite. I mostly followed the recipe I found on pinterest, but with a few tiny changes.

I filled the little tins about halfway, a little less on some, and then pulled the edges up as they suggested. I was able to do 8 tiny pizzas with one 16 oz container of pizza dough. I'm a definite bread person, but for someone less into bread than I am, I would actually do it even thinner. I could probably have made 12 tiny pizzas if they were thinner.

I bought tomato sauce, instead of pizza sauce so I added a little pesto to it, some garlic, and some oregano. I didn't put a ton of sauce on, because I'm not a huge sauce person.


I wasn't sure how pepperoni and pesto would taste, so I skipped the pepperoni on the pesto ones. I did top one of them with some extra diced garlic.


I put them in the oven at 425 for about 15 minutes.  The top was fully cooked at about ten minutes, but the crust didn't seem all the way done until 15. They didn't turn out too pretty, but I thought they were great, especially the pesto ones.


Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

No comments:

Post a Comment