Saturday, January 4, 2014

My New Year's Resolutions

So, this year I decided to make a list of New Year's Resolutions. If I accomplish nothing else this year, hopefully I'll at least check off a few of these!

1. De-clutter.
      I'm not an organized person by any stretch of the imagination, and I have a LOT of stuff. I finally got my craft area organized, and I love the way it looks. My plan is to use Spring Break to re-organize (okay, just organize) all of our closets, and to get rid of as much clothing as I can.

2. Make time for the things I love.
       Since I had my son, I feel like I've given up a lot of the things that I love. I rarely get out to take photos, and I've only been to one concert since he was born three years ago. I used to go to concerts once or twice a month, at least. This year, I'm going to try to do something that's just for me at least once a month. I feel like I've given up most of the things that made me happy and replaced them with things that just fill my time or let me escape from reality (nothing crazy, I'm talking books and television). I really don't want to be one of those people that ends up resenting their children because of everything they gave up for them, and even though I love my son I find myself thinking pretty frequently about how much I gave up when I chose to have him. I'm hoping that if I schedule one day each month that's just for me, I'll enjoy my time with him more, and feel like I'm giving up on myself less.

3. Read least 12 books that I haven't read before.
       I love to read, but lately I've been re-reading books that I've already read instead of reading new ones. There are a few books that come out this year that are part of series that I already read, but this year I'm resolving to find some new books to read instead of just reading the same series over and over.

4. Do two empties posts this year.
        I have a tendency to buy new products before I finish the old ones, so this year I'm going to try to finish a few products and do posts about the products I like enough to finish.

5. Go hiking more.
        I was going to make one of my resolutions to "exercise more" but I really wanted to actually have resolutions that I might follow through with this year, so hiking is something I think might actually happen. We went on a few hikes as a family this year, and I loved doing it. I feel like if we get in the habit of one family hike every week or so, it won't be so difficult to motivate ourselves to do so.

Five seems like a manageable number, so I'll leave it at that. I'm hoping that posting these here will make me stick to them more.


Other random stuff:
Here are some contests I'm entered in now: (wish me luck, and enter yourself if you feel like it)

Enter to win a year of free samples here

Enter to win a Bath Path Mineral Sea Salt Soak here

Enter to win an Evologie set (and check out an awesome blog) here

Enter to win a Healthy Star(t) gift set here

Enter to win a beauty box worth $500 here

Enter to win a year's worth of all natural makeup from Birchbox here

Enter to win $1,500 from Food & Wine here

Enter to win a nutribullet here

Enter to win Smashbox's Try it Kit here
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

No comments:

Post a Comment